Tuesday, September 11, 2007

my poor neglected blog

so, it has been neglected.....BAD! Well, what has been going on in my life! Ummmm.....major job changes on the horizon, long drawn out story which I won't get into....offer to coach gymnastics, WOOT! for the high school team in the neighboring town 14 miles away......new digistores to my resume, WOOT WOOT!!!!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


click click click to get there! And, I am a partner now here:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So, that is the changes on the "job" front! I was sick for 14 days....oh my gosh, bad sinus infection, three antibiotics later, and 10 days in bed, I finally got better, still a little cough, but I can deal with that. LOL


Ok, so what else can I tell ya! We went to this incredible Christian festival and saw awesome Christian groups perform. We took Dawson and Ava and rocked it out praisin the Lord, to GO FISH...here is some fun pics....

Building 429




Prayer during Building 429!!!






I love that about my kids....THEY LOVE THE LORD!! Praise Him for that!

Ok, they got to see their favorite group, GO FISH!!!! Check it out! They rocked and the kids boogied down!!

My hot hubby, Dean and my sweet son, Dawson



Ava and her Keygon (as she calls him) lol



Ava and Dawson gettin down to The B-I-B-L-E




These guys, Go Fish are a born and bred Minnesota Boys and they are awesome trio who cater to kids with Christian music, songs like The b-i-b-l-e, This Little Light of Mine, I've Got the Joy of the Lord in my Heart, The Ten Commandment Boogie, just to name a few of our favorites...lol









Dawson and his best bud, Payton




Mommy and Ava waiting for Go Fish to start!




It most definitely was a blessed event and the night closed with Third Day and my kids fell asleep before them, Dawson was sad, he really wanted to see them...the kids crashed out in the lawn chairs, lol.....But, it was cool because my hubby and I got in on some amazing praise and worship together....something we don't get to do that often, since I am always leading worship on the stage at church!

I was a personal attendant in my good friend RoseAnne's wedding...it was a great day! I have a pic here of me and my hubbabubba hot hubby!!




So, you are probably wondering if this is an excuse for my neglect, truth is there is no excuse, I need to blog everyday.


So, today I am home off of work (work changes) and I am working like a dog to get new products out.

Sara Ellis and I are releasing a Collab this week that will be sure to PUNK you out! It will be called Royal Chaos, just for some hint, hints...and you can get to the stores to purchase this kit by the weekend by clicking on my store blinkies on the right...it will be released at One of a Kind Scrapz and Digi Scrap Boutique, and maybe Digital Freebies.


Jessica Gorny and I are releasing a Collab this week. It is going to be called Simply Me and will cater to your spa scrapbooking needs, lol. Release will be by weeks end and it will be released at One of a Kind Scrapz.


Look for the coordinating albums to go with these collabs and fun sales too...


I am releasing a huge huge huge surprise, not just because it is such a fun surprise, but it is a HUGE surprise and it took me all of August to create it...so get over to my stores in the next few days to see what it is, there are some of the funkiest unique elements in this new kit release, I know your all just going to love it! I love it already, lol...lets just say....moms will love it!!


Scraps for Charity has released it's September Charity Contribution Kit, please go and purchase this kit, all the proceeds go directly to the monthly charity featured at the store...this month the colors are so awesome.


I had so much fun creating my contribution for this month. Through research, I found out alot about this disease Cystic Fibrosis. Boy, does it effect alot of people and they need our help to keep making progress at finding better treatments and one day a cure. I was moved to tears by this one sweet story. Mary Wiess, a mother of 3 boys with Cystic Fibrosis, was on the phone one day, when her little Richard came in and said, "I know what you are working on mama", and she said "oh yea, what is it I am working on" and he said, "that sixty five roses stuff" not knowing how to say cystic fibrosis, and not knowing he had the disease because he was still to little to understand, Richard called it 65 Roses and today that stands as the national theme for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! What a wonderful story! That inspired my kit contribution!





Click on the blinkie on the right side to get to Scraps for Charity to purchase yours today to donate to a wonderful cause...don't forget to stop back next month for Breast Cancer Awareness support! A cause very close to my heart!!!


Oh, another fun thing.......I am going to stand up and scrap, woot, woot.....have you seen this amazing contest over at Sweet Shoppe Designs......supporting a great charity and raising money to continue to bring us the best from their digiscrap site. When you register you get this amazing mega kit, and I mean it is drool worthy, some of the best scraps and I mean it is HUGE!!! I am so excited for this event!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Click the blinkie to get to the Sweet Shoppe to learn details about this, you still have time to register! Gotta love it! I can't wait.


Ok, so I have a couple really cute stories......


Firt Kids say the darndest things: Let me set the scene:

My hubby and I are in the living room sitting on the couch, Dean watching the hunting channel and I next to him on my laptop. Dawson my 7 year old is on the floor playing with his transformers:


Me (to my DH): "I am so tired"


Dean (my DH) (to me): "did you not sleep well last night?"


Me (to my DH): "No, I am getting my "you know what"" (little ears in the room code words, lol)


Then.....my son pipes in


Dawson (DS) "You mean your getting your period!!!"


Enough said on that one!!!

Second: The Joy of Innocence

The other night my sweet little girl Ava (who is 4) and I were in her bed reading a sweet little Max Lucado book:

Everybody needs to know that God thinks they're special. A warm-hearted gift appropriate for almost anyone at any occasion, God Thinks You're Wonderful is the perfect way to say, "You Are Special." Who wouldn't enjoy 96 pages of smile-producing affirmations such as:
"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it"
"He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart?"
"Our hearts are not large enough to contain the blessings that God wants to give"
Each brief thought is accompanied by an irresistible drawing to remind readers of God's love and care. Chris Shea's delightful illustrations pair perfectly with Max Lucado's warm words in this unique, full-color gift book.
Just to give you a little detail of the book...you can buy this book at the Women of Faith store, at http://www.womenoffaith.com/ just go into the shoponline link and search for Max Lucado's God Made Me Wonderful.
So anyway, Ava and I were reading away and came to the part about having Jesus in our hearts and when we choose to do this, ask Jesus to come in, we get to spend eternity in heaven with Him so we get there through believing in Him and having Him in our hearts.
Scene set, lets get to the conversation!!!
Me (reading, stopped and asked Ava) "how do we get to heaven Ava?"
Ava (pausing for a moment staring off into space, thinking, then answers with much joy) "WE DRIVE"
hehehe, I laughed so hard, I thought I might pee my pants, but then that comes easy since my bladder has been ruined from pregnancy, lol..
So that is some fun kid conversation for you today....stay tuned more fun coming soon, and I promise not to neglect this blog anymore!
Hugs and God bless!
Dani

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your news and stories are wonderful, I especially loved '65 Roses'! Congrats on all of your new shoppes, and best wishes with stand up & scrap!

cysticfibrosisprincess said...

Hi,
You site and pics are amazing. I would LOVE for you to attend our annual camp this summer Called Camp Mosquito if you have a kloved one with CF or have CF yourself. It is also open to CF adults. I'd also like for you to come so that you could take some of these great photos to put on a website I have in mind. I saw this website I want to copy the jist of it, not everything but a lot. Its perfect.Very Woodsy and catchy. If I give you the add could you build us the same basic website. Its not exact so its not rxactley copying but close. I can discuss it on the phone. My number is liisted below. This would mean the world to me or if you cannot cann you find someone who can?PLEASE ! ! ! ! !

http://www.winshape.org/camps/camp07/index2.htm

Everything from the slide show to the birds chirping. It means a lot. We need a good website to promote both for campers like I want you to be and scholarships. PLEASE Agin ! ! ! !

We had/have an outdated camp website but the guy quit his job and left us hanging with no way to update the site or get emails. Plus there is this site that I would love to copy the jist of the background and set up. Its exactly what we need for our camp. Our camp is for kids, teens, and young adults with bronchiectasis. That's what damage is done in CF. They have the same chest issues just not the gut issues.

Its so much fun to come. Adults just come to have fun and hang out. We do have strict rules with infection control like NO CEPACIA. But we've never had a camper come back with even a cold.Most of their lung functions actually get better after the week of exercise and fresh air ! ! !

I always grew up sick but acted like a normal kids plying sports and whatnot. When I reached middle school CF started to rear its ugly head but I still was sorta normal. In high school I really went down hill and by the time I graduated with a nursing degree in college I was pretty sick.

Growing up I never knew there CF Camps. I wish I did.Everyone talks about how much fun it was. My husband and I, he also has CF, went to CF camp from the age of 7 till he was 18.

I guess that is way stating this non-profit and our camp,Camp Mosquito, is so important to me. Its important for CFers to meet other CFers.

Some of the activities include but aren't limited to :

" The Blob "
Horseback Riding
Crafts
Banana Boat Rides
An Over Night Camp Out
SMORES
BB Guns
Archery
Etc
We have so much fun. All the Kids show off their port-a-cath's and G-tubes...lol. I even went before the Transplant on oxygen. The cabins have electricity, A/C, hot showers, etc. We are even set up for those needing oxygen or feeding tubes, insulin, etc.
We have so much fun as do the parents.We follow strict infection control guidelines, and in all 6 yrs know one has even gotten a cold let alone spread anything nasty. In fact we've had some who's doctors have said their PFT's and weight came up ! ! !
It is not just a CF camp but a camp for kids and teens with similar disorders. They are identical lung wise they just don't have stomach problems.
I hope you and your daughter or just your daughter comes. I am a nurse and wilderness certified and other medical staff is there.
If you email me privately, I can call you and talk about this more and answer any questions you may have.
Also, please pass along this to all your CF Family Friends. The more we have the better and wouldn't it be great for your kids to meet some of there or your online friends ! ! !

Can you please help us ! ! !

My number is :
904-699-2945

Thanks
Rebecca Snyder
Director
Camp Mosquito
904-699-2945